One of the greatest joys of being a teacher is watching their little faces light up when a child begins to read! It’s always so much fun to find an activity that supports our early readers in an engaging way. That’s what I love about this free Raindrop CVC Word Matching Activity. It’s hands-on and so effective for encouraging CVC word practice and early reading skills this spring!
*Pair with our Spring Centers & Activities for Pre-K & Kindergarten!
Raindrop CVC Word Matching Activity
This Raindrop CVC Word Matching Activity is great for grades K-1 and can be used for independent work, as a stand-alone center, or to pull kids into a small group. It’s easy to prep so you can have a fun literacy center ready in an instant!
Simply print the Catching Raindrops recording sheet and raindrop picture cards (download below). Laminate the raindrop picture cards for durability and reuse.
How to Play
Children will begin by pulling a raindrop picture card from the pile. He/she will look at the picture card and name the object out loud.
Students will then find the matching CVC umbrella word on the Catching Raindrops recording sheet and color it in.
The activity continues until all CVC umbrella words have been colored in. So simple and so fun!
RELATED RESOURCE: CVC Words Centers and Activities
More Ways to Play
- Place the raindrop picture cards face down in a pile or scatter them face down on the table. You may even consider placing the cards in a grab bag to add a level of mystery as the kids pick their raindrop CVC word matching card!
- Partner Activity – In pairs, children take turns picking raindrop picture cards and coloring in the recording sheet together.
- “Race to the Finish” – In pairs, children race to see who colors in all of the CVC umbrellas correctly on their own recording sheet first!
Grab Your FREE Copy
If you’re ready to start reading and matching then grab this free Raindrop CVC Matching Activity by clicking the large, yellow download button at the end of the post!
Want unlimited access to even MORE of our activities and resources?
Then be sure you request your invite so that you can be the first to hear when the doors open again for our Print and Play Club!
With instant access to hundreds of printables by topic and skill (no more scouring the internet!), every TKC resource, video lessons, a digital games vault, “Super” Sunday Surprises, and much more – your planning time just got easier.
Request your invitation below for more info!
- Thanksgiving Activities and Centers for Pre-K & Kindergarten - October 29, 2021
- Easy Pumpkin Alphabet Activity - October 19, 2021
- Halloween Writing Activities for Pre-K & Kindergarten - October 15, 2021