This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. View our full disclosure policy here.
This Popsicle Stick Reindeer Christmas Ornament is a Christmas craft the kids are sure to love! It was inspired by Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, one of Santa’s biggest helpers. Rudolph has been a big a part of Christmas traditions for many generations. The story has so many lessons for kids like to never give up and always believe in themselves. This ornament is the perfect craft to remind kids of this message during the holiday season!
*Pair with our Christmas Writing Center Activities!
Popsicle Stick Reindeer Christmas Ornament
Whether you are creating Christmas traditions in your home or in your classroom, traditions help us establish an identity, structure, and form a connection from one generation to another.
Making Christmas ornaments is a wonderful Christmas tradition. Kids love creating something special for the Christmas tree and beam with pride as they hang it from the tree.
Supplies You Will Need:
- Craft/popsicle sticks (3 per reindeer)
- Red pom poms (1 per reindeer)
- Googly eyes (2 per reindeer)
- Red ribbon
- Glue gun
- White school glue
Directions for the Craft
1. To prep this reindeer Christmas ornament, glue three craft sticks together as shown in the picture below.
2. Paint the reindeer brown and allow it to dry.
3. Glue a red pom pom where the craft sticks come to a point for Rudolph’s nose.
4. Glue two googly eyes to either side of the craft sticks forming the reindeer’s face.
5. Cut a small piece of ribbon, form a loop, and glue to the back of the craft sticks to hang the ornament.
Extend the Activity:
- Read Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. Talk about times when you maybe didn’t feel like you fit in with everyone else. Discuss ways we can make sure others don’t feel left out.
- Cuddle up with some popcorn and watch Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.
- Discuss Christmas traditions with your kids or students and ask them to share their favorite Christmas tradition.
Want unlimited access to even MORE of our activities and resources? Join us in the Print and Play Club!
Your planning will be so much easier with instant access to:
- hundreds of printables
- every TKC resource
- video lessons
- a digital games vault
- Pre-K and TK Scope & Sequence
- a PLAYlist of fun songs AND activities
- professional development
- additional teacher resources…
Be sure to request an invitation so that you don’t miss your chance to be part of the best early childhood club around!