Encourage family time and have fun while creating this paper Christmas tree craft! It’s a great activity for kids that encourages fine motor skills and will be the perfect addition to your Christmas craft collection!
*Pair with our Kindergarten Printables Bundle – December
Paper Christmas Tree: Christmas Craft for Kids
Holiday crafting does not have to take up large amounts of time or be very messy. This low-mess paper Christmas tree craft is simple and very quick to make. This project is a great way to recycle empty wrapping paper rolls, and it uses other basic classroom supplies you probably already have on-hand.
Supplies You Will Need:
- green construction paper or card stock
- cardboard tube (empty paper towel roll or wrapping paper tube)
- safety scissors
- color coding labels
- foil star stickers
Before you begin — (Adult) Cut the cardboard tube into 2 inch sections, and cut two small slits for the tree stand.
Invite students to draw a large triangle on a sheet of green construction paper or cardstock, and carefully cut the shape out. They can add color coding labels and foil star stickers to decorate their trees however they wish! Place the tree into the cardboard roll stand and proudly display in your home or classroom. It’s that simple!
- Use these paper trees as napkin rings, by laying them flat and placing a napkin inside the tube behind the tree.
- Create 24 paper trees to make an advent calendar, and tuck a strip of paper with a fun holiday themed activity inside each tree stand.
- Use as place settings on a holiday table by writing names on the tree stands.
- Craft up 5 paper trees and set up a mini bowling game. Roll a tennis ball and see how many trees you can knock down.
RELATED RESOURCE: Christmas Writing Center Activities
Paper Christmas trees are such a fun and festive addition to any home or classroom! If each student crafts up one paper tree, you can combine them to create a classroom holiday forest. These paper trees would also add some holiday cheer to your block center. Lots of possibilities!
Then, be sure you request your invitation to let us help you plan all year long inside the Print and Play Club!
With monthly, themed centers, and instant access to hundreds of printables by topic and skill (no more scouring the internet!) your planning time just got easier.