Kids will be buzzing with excitement as they create this simple and sweet craft perfect for February! This Bee Mine Valentine’s Day Craft for Kids does not require much more than paper, making it affordable and easy to pull together. It’s a great activity to add to your class party. Your students are sure to love it!
*Pair with our Valentine’s Day Centers and Activities for Pre-K & Kindergarten!
Bee Mine Valentine’s Day Craft for Kids
This simple craft is adorable and versatile! You could easily turn these Valentine bees into a spring/summer craft or a letter B craft by replacing the heart eyes with googly eyes and changing the wings. Let’s get started!
First, gather your simple, low-cost materials:
Time to Create!
To begin, cut the body and head for your bee from yellow paper. Cut two small heart-shaped wings from white paper.
Cut thin black strips from black paper and glue them onto the body of the bee. You could also have the kids draw the bee’s stripes using a black marker.
Use a heart craft punch to cut two heart-shaped eyes from the red paper. Glue them to the head of the bee.
RELATED RESOURCE: February Print- That’s It! Kindergarten Math and Literacy Printables
Use the black marker to draw a mouth on the bee.
Cut two strips of black paper and glue them to the head of the bee for the antenna. You could also use black pipe cleaners or add a couple of hearts to the end of the antenna.
Glue the head of the bee to the body of the bee. Glue on your white paper heart-shaped wings.
Extend the Activity:
- Turn this craft into a quick and easy card with just a piece of paper and glue: Fold a piece of paper in half to create the card. Glue the bee to the front of the card. Finish the card with a personal message on the inside.
- Follow up this super sweet Valentine’s Day craft with a fun Valentine’s Day book. Here are some of our favorites:
- Happy Valentine’s Day Mouse
- Pete the Cat Valentine’s Day is Cool
- Llama Llama I Love You
- Splat the Cat Funny Valentine
3. Compliment the day with a yummy and healthy Valentine’s Day snack!
Want unlimited access to even MORE of our activities and resources?
Then be sure you request your invite so that you can be the first to hear when the doors open again for our Print and Play Club!
With instant access to hundreds of printables by topic and skill (no more scouring the internet!), every TKC resource, video lessons, a digital games vault, “Super” Sunday Surprises, and much more – your planning time just got easier.