This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. View our full disclosure policy here.
Working on predictive sentences, high-frequency words, and opinion writing has never been more fun than with this FREE Pet-Themed Sentence Building activity set! Predictive sentences play an important role in early reading, so this is the perfect activity to use in your Pre-K and Kindergarten classroom!
How to Use this Predictive Sentence Building Activity
Predictive sentences allow your early readers to feel success and practice fluency. But how can you use them in your classroom?
I love using predictive sentences during Circle Time, and in small groups using pocket charts and easy readers.
Use the “I like” sentence frames included in this activity in a pocket chart to build opinion sentences with different pets. Students can easily read, “I like cats,” or, “I like dogs,” and can figure out more difficult words like turtles or rabbits with the help of pictures.
You can also use the easy readers included with this activity during small groups, centers, or with individual students. These are also a great tool to practice fluency at home. These readers even include an option with tracking dots!
Then, use one of the differentiated response sheets. There are writing options and options for students that aren’t yet writing, so your students can show their opinion on which pet is the best!
Want unlimited access to even MORE fun activities and resources?
This activity was created for members of our exclusive Print and Play Club. If you like this activity, you will LOVE all of the benefits of being a Print and Play Club member. What benefits do Print and Play Club members receive?
- Access to all past, present, AND future resources (including everything in The Kindergarten Connection TpT shop!)
- Lesson Lab videos (press play and let us teach for you!)
- The PLAYlist – 3 new songs each month (often with corresponding activities) to sing with your students and make learning more interactive
- A Digital Vault of games (including Google Slides and Seesaw)
- Pre-K Scope & Sequence AND Transitional Kindergarten Scope & Sequence that provide week-by-week guidance and resources to support you with lesson planning all year
- Resource Request (make a request for a resource YOU would like to see in the club)
- Professional Development (training right at your fingertips!)
- Exclusive emails with bonus material (including a monthly planning guide!)
- First dibs and discounts on courses
- A private Facebook group with Live Teacher Chats where we share tips, tricks, trainings, and answer all of your questions
- Plus, new exclusive offerings being added all the time!
Be sure to request an invitation so that you don’t miss your chance to be part of the best early childhood club around!
Grab Your FREE Copy of the Pet-Themed Sentence Building Activity
Ready to grab your FREE copy of this super fun Pet-Themed Sentence Building Activity for Pre-K and Kindergarten? Then click the large, yellow download button below!
- 5 Classroom Routines to Review After Winter Break - December 1, 2023
- Simple Strategy for Improving Classroom Management - November 28, 2023
- Easy Fine Motor Activities for Pre-K & Kindergarten - November 21, 2023