Working on predictive sentences, sight words, and opinion writing has never been more fun than with this FREE Pet-Themed Sentence Building activity set! Predictive sentences play an important role in early reading, so this is the perfect activity to use in your Pre-K and Kindergarten classroom!
How to Use this Predictive Sentence Building Activity
Predictive sentences allow your early readers to feel success and practice fluency. But how can you use them in your classroom?
I love using predictive sentences during circle time and in small groups using pocket charts and emergent readers.
Use the “I like” sentence frames included in this activity in a pocket chart to build opinion sentences with different pets. Students can easily read, “I like cats,” or, “I like dogs,” and can figure out more difficult words like turtles or rabbits with the help of pictures.
You can also use the emergent readers included with this activity during small groups, centers, or with individual students. These are also a great tool to practice fluency at home. These readers even include an option with tracking dots!
Then, use one of the differentiated response sheets. There are writing options and options for students that aren’t yet writing, so your students can show their opinion on which pet is the best!
Want unlimited access to even MORE fun activities and resources?
This activity was created for members of our exclusive Print and Play Club. If you like this activity, you will LOVE all of the benefits of being a Print and Play Club member. What benefits do Print and Play Club members receive?
- Access to every resource I’ve ever made (and will make in the future)
- Reduced planning time & teacher stress
- Exclusive printables (just like this one)
- A digital vault filled with math/literacy games and emergent readers (that can be read to your students) that your students can play right in the vault at home or in your classroom!
- Super versions of the Sunday Surprise and At a Glance with bonus materials
- Teacher tips and tricks
- An exclusive Facebook group
- The ability to request a resource
- And new features are being added all the time!
Request your invitation below for more info!
Grab Your FREE Copy of the Pet-Themed Sentence Building Activity
Ready to grab your FREE copy of this super fun Pet-Themed Sentence Building Activity for Pre-K and Kindergarten? Then click the large, yellow download button below!
- Lunchbox Pick and Trace Letter Writing Activity - August 15, 2022
- Pre-K & Kindergarten Feelings and Emotions Writing Activities - August 12, 2022
- Roll and Color School Supplies Counting Printables - August 5, 2022