This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. View our full disclosure policy here.
We love doing holiday-themed crafts, and with Halloween just around the corner, we pulled out some basic craft supplies and made this adorable and fun paper plate spider craft. These spiders make great decorations for your home or classroom this Halloween!
*Pair with our Halloween Centers and Activities for Pre-K & Kindergarten!
Paper Plate Spider Craft
This spider craft is so easy to make and uses common supplies you probably already have on hand. Let’s gather our simple supplies and get started!
- Paper plate
- Black paint (or color of your choosing)
- Black pipe cleaners (4 per spider)
- Googly eyes
Making the Paper Plate Spider
1. Begin by painting the paper plate black (or color of your choosing) and allow to dry.
2. Bend all 4 pipe cleaners in 1/2. Attach 2 bent pipe cleaners to each side of the paper plate. Glue or tape the pipe cleaners at the bend to the back of the paper plate, so you have 4 spider legs sticking out on each for a total of 8 legs.
3. Glue googly eyes to the front of the paper plate to finish off your spider craft.
If you wish to hang the spiders, add some string to the top of the spider. (This would be fun in the classroom!)
RELATED RESOURCE: Easy Readers – Nursery Rhyme Collection
This spider craft would also make a great extension to nursery rhymes like Little Miss Muffet and The Itsy Bitsy Spider.
Extend the Activity
- This spider stacking activity works on fine motor skills, sorting, and threading.
- Read books about spiders such as The Very Busy Spider or Miss Spider’s ABC Book.
- Read Halloween books such as The Spooky Wheels on the Bus or one of our favorite pumpkin books.
Want unlimited access to even MORE teacher tips, activities, and resources?
Then be sure you request your invitation to let us help you plan all year long inside the Print and Play Club!
With instant access to hundreds of printables by topic and skill (no more scouring the internet!), every TKC resource, video lessons, a digital games vault, “Super” Sunday Surprises, and much more – your planning time just got easier.