We love doing holiday themed crafts, and with Halloween just around the corner, we pulled out some basic craft supplies and made a paper plate spider craft. These spiders will make great decorations for your home or classroom this Halloween.
Paper Plate Spider
This spider craft requires just a few basic supplies and has very easy to follow directions.
- Paper plate
- Black paint (or color of your choosing)
- Black pipe cleaners (4 per spider)
- Googly eyes
Making the Paper Plate Spider:
1. Paint the paper plate black (or color of your choosing) and allow to dry.
2. Bend all 4 pipe cleaners in 1/2. Attach 2 bent pipe cleaners to each side of the paper plate. Glue or tape the pipe cleaners at the bend to the back of the paper plate, so you have 4 spider legs sticking out on each for a total of 8 legs.
3. Glue googly eyes to the front of the paper plate to finish off your spider craft. If you wish to hang the spiders, add some string to the top of the spider. (This would be fun in the classroom!)
Make sure to save this one! This spider craft would also make a great extension to nursery rhymes like Little Miss Muffet and The Itsy Bitsy Spider. (You can grab our printable Nursery Rhyme Books HERE.)
Extend the Activity:
This spider stacking activity works on fine motor skills, sorting, and threading.
Did you enjoy this list of fall crafts and activities? Love fun learning activities for kids? Don’t miss a single post and exclusive freebies every Sunday – just pop your email in the form below!
Latest posts by Kim (see all)
- Do a Dot Flower Craft for Kids - April 2, 2017
- Seed Starter Pots That You Can Do in the Classroom - March 4, 2017
- Rainbow Craft for Kids - February 8, 2017