This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. View our full disclosure policy here.
First came summer, then came a new sensory bin! These summer strawberries make me crave one of my favorite summer treats and will have your kiddos begging to go “berry picking!” Enjoy some summer learning fun with this free Berry Short Vowel Sensory Bin Activity!
*Pair with our CVC Word Centers and Activities for Early Learners!
Berry Short Vowel Sensory Bin Activity
If you’ve followed my bins for any amount of time, you probably have noticed my love of these shiny black beans as sensory bin fillers. While I try often to switch out fillers, sometimes these little guys just work so perfectly. This bin is one of those times. Is it just me, or do they look like a bunch of strawberry seeds?! I love them!
Teacher Tip: Laminate the strawberry cards so that they are durable in the sensory bin and will hold up to repeated use!
All that’s left is for students to “pick the berries” and match the cards to their correct spot on the matching mats or color their recording sheet.
But this activity has even more options for play that allow for plenty of differentiated instruction!
RELATED RESOURCE: Summer Centers and Activities for Pre-K & Kindergarten
More Ways to Play!
- Choose strawberries from the bin and place them on their correct CVC word on the short vowel word mat.
- Pick strawberries from the bin and place them on their correct vowel on the short vowels mat.
- Choose strawberries from the bin and color the correct CVC word on the corresponding recording sheet.
- Grab strawberries from the bin and color the correct short vowel on the corresponding recording sheet.
- Sort strawberries by their short vowel sound and then place them with the correct basket.
That’s 5 different ways to use this sensory bin activity! With all of those options, I like to introduce the activity in a small group first. Then, I have my kids work on a different version themselves during center time.
However you choose to organize your practice, I’m sure your kiddos are going to LOVE this bin!
Grab Your FREE Copy
Ready to practice short vowel words in a hands-on and super fun way? Get this free Berry Short Vowel Sensory Bin Activity by clicking the large, yellow download button at the end of the post!
Want unlimited access to even MORE of our activities and resources? Join us in the Print and Play Club!
Your planning will be so much easier with instant access to:
- hundreds of printables
- every TKC resource
- video lessons
- a digital games vault
- Pre-K and TK Scope & Sequence
- a PLAYlist of fun songs AND activities
- professional development
- additional teacher resources…
Be sure to request an invitation so that you don’t miss your chance to be part of the best early childhood club around!
- Easter Sensory Bin Literacy Activity - March 20, 2023
- Beginning Sounds Back to School Sensory Bin Activity - August 1, 2022
- Seashell Beginning Sounds Sensory Bin and Printables - July 15, 2022