Back to School season will be here before you know it and in my classroom that begins with learning how to spell our names. It is an important skill that we practice often! One of my favorite ways to work on names is with this Free Back to School Name Game for Pre-K and Kindergarten. It’s completely editable for customization so your students will be spelling their names in no time with this this fun, hands-on activity!
Back to School Name Game
Learning to spell your name is a big deal. This is one of the first major accomplishments of a Pre-K/Kindergarten student. We usually start working on this skill in the first week of class, because students have often seen their name spelled out before, and thus have some prior knowledge on what the letters in their name look like.
This is the perfect activity to welcome your students back to school! I love using this activity in my classroom because my students get so excited. Whenever they see their name printed on materials, it makes them feel a little extra special.
This activity comes with:
- crayon boxes with each student’s name on them
- colorful letter crayon pieces (including capital and lower case letters)
- a recording sheet for students
- both color and black and white copies of all materials
To begin, students build their name with the crayon pieces. Then they can color the letters of their name on the recording sheet.
It’s Completely Editable!
This Back to School Name Game is editable, so you can change it each year to display the name of each of your students with ease. Simply type the names of each student into the file, and it automatically inputs the names on all pieces of the activity!
It couldn’t be easier to change out the names on this activity, which makes it the perfect resource to use year after year in your classroom!
Want unlimited access to even MORE fun activities and resources?
This activity was created for members of our exclusive Print and Play Club. If you like this activity, you will LOVE all of the benefits of being a Print and Play Club member. What benefits do Print and Play Club members receive?
- Access to every resource I’ve ever made (and will make in the future)
- Reduced planning time & teacher stress
- Exclusive printables (just like this one)
- A digital vault filled with math/literacy games and emergent readers (that can be read to your students) that your students can play right in the vault at home or in your classroom!
- Super versions of the Sunday Surprise and At a Glance with bonus materials
- Teacher tips and tricks
- An exclusive Facebook group
- The ability to request a resource
- And new features are being added all the time!
Request your invitation below for more info!
Grab Your FREE Copy of the Back to School Name Game
Ready to grab your FREE copy of this super fun Back to School Name Game for Pre-K and Kindergarten? Then click the large, yellow download button below!