This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. View our full disclosure policy here.
The holidays are behind us and before we know it Valentine’s Day will be upon us. We are getting a head start on Valentine’s Day with this Tissue Paper Valentine Heart Craft. Seasonal fun mixed with fine motor practice makes this a great Valentine’s Day craft to add to your February plans!
*Pair with our Valentine’s Day Centers and Activities for Pre-K & Kindergarten!
Tissue Paper Valentine Heart Craft
The main supplies in this craft are paper plates or card stock and tissue paper; items we use for crafts frequently. They are inexpensive and easy to find. They come in a large quantity, making them great for a group or class project (or lots of craft projects at home).
- Tissue paper – I used red, but pink is also perfect for Valentine’s Day
- Paper plates or card stock
- Glue Sticks
- Printable heart template (download below)
This craft works best with something thicker than just regular paper so when I can, I often use a paper plate in place of card stock. I can buy a package of paper plates at the dollar store for $1. You can also pick up tissue paper there, making this a very inexpensive craft project!
The directions for this Valentine heart craft are simple and easy – perfect for young kids!
- Print the heart and use it as a template to cut a heart from the paper plate or card stock.
- Cut or tear the tissue paper into small pieces.
- Working in small sections, apply the glue to the heart paper plate.
- Crumple the tissue paper and apply to the heart. Continue with this step until the plate is covered.
This is a fun, easy-prep Valentine craft that also strengthens important areas of development like fine motor skills! When kids separate the pieces of tissue paper, tear or cut the tissue paper into smaller pieces, and crumple it, they are getting great fine motor skills practice. The paper also offers a sensory experience for kids as they hear and feel the crumpling of the tissue paper.
Grab Your FREE Copy
Ready for some Valentine’s Day fun? Grab the free Valentine heart craft template by clicking the large, yellow download button at the end of the post!
Want unlimited access to even MORE of our activities and resources? Join us in the Print and Play Club!
Your planning will be so much easier with instant access to:
- hundreds of printables
- every TKC resource
- video lessons
- a digital games vault
- Pre-K and TK Scope & Sequence
- a PLAYlist of fun songs AND activities
- professional development
- additional teacher resources…
Be sure to request an invitation so that you don’t miss your chance to be part of the best early childhood club around!