Winter is here and there are a few things I remember loving about the season from my childhood: drinking hot chocolate, sledding, building snowmen, and making snowflakes! Classic paper cutout snowflakes could be a little too challenging for preschoolers and kindergarteners, so we came up with this super easy paper snowflake craft! Add it to your collection of winter activities and your kids will love it!
*Pair this fun winter craft with our Snow Centers & Activities for Pre-K & Kindergarten!
Super Easy Paper Snowflake Craft
Like the cutout paper snowflakes we made growing up, this snowflake craft takes very few supplies and costs almost nothing to make. They are a great, inexpensive way to add a little decor to your home or classroom. They look adorable hanging from the ceiling or even attached to a window!
The directions for this snowflake craft are so simple, making it a great project for preschoolers and kindergartners to work on with minimal assistance.
To prep for this project ahead of time, cut strips of blue construction paper or cardstock. We used 4 strips of blue paper for each snowflake craft.
Let’s get started!
1. To begin, the students will glue two strips of blue paper together in the shape of a cross.
2. Next, they can add the other two strips on diagonals to form an “x.”
3. Once they have formed the base of their snowflake, they can begin to tear the white construction paper into smaller pieces.
4. The last step is to glue the white pieces of paper to their blue snowflake base.
5. Time to hang up and enjoy!
Want unlimited access to even MORE of our activities and resources?
Then be sure you request your invite so that you can be the first to hear when the doors open again for our Print and Play Club!
With instant access to hundreds of printables by topic and skill (no more scouring the internet!), every TKC resource, video lessons, a digital games vault, “Super” Sunday Surprises, and much more – your planning time just got easier.