Summer is just around the corner and the heat is starting to pick up! One of our favorite treats for cooling down is hitting the snow cone stand! So I’ve put together a sweet rhyming treat using these goodies for a Snow Cones Rhyming Words Activity!
*Pair with our Summer Centers & Activities
Snow Cones Rhyming Words Activity
Whether you’re finishing out the school year, gearing up for Summer school or looking for ways to practice with your kiddos at home during the break, this sweet activity is sure to be tons of fun!
Who Can Play
I love a versatile center! Activities like this one can be easily modified for different groups of students.
- Small Group – One of my favorite ways to use a center for the first time was to use it in my small group time. This gave me a chance to introduce the activity and expectations before placing it in a center.
- Tutorials – Using fun centers in tutorials helps keep kiddos’ spirits up. Every year I had a couple of students who weren’t exactly thrilled with the idea of staying after school for tutorials. So, “playing games” like this made the intervention much more enjoyable!
- Centers – This set is a perfect activity for students to work on in centers independently or in pairs.
RELATED RESOURCE: Kindergarten Summer Homework
How to Play
- Print the center and worksheet. For a full size center, print the activity as its original size. If you want to print smaller pieces for a sensory bin, print 2-per-page.
- Laminate pieces for durability, and consider laminating the worksheet to be reused with dry erase markers.
- Mix up practice time! These pieces can be used to play rhyming “Memory”, a simple matching game, “Read the Room” or a sensory bin!
- Students match the pictures on the snow cone tops with rhyming words on the snow cone bottoms. Then, record the matches they made on their Summer Rhyming recording sheet.
Grab Your Free Copy
Are you ready to start working on rhyming words with your students? You can find our FREE printable by clicking on the large, blue DOWNLOAD HERE button below!
For more rhyming fun, hop on over to check out these 20+ Fun Rhyming Activities for Kids!
Then, be sure you request your invitation to let us help you plan all year long inside the Print and Play Club!
With instant access to hundreds of printables by topic and skill (no more scouring the internet!), every TKC resource, a digital games vault, “Super” Sunday Surprises, and much more – your planning time just got easier.