Bright and cheery rainbow colors are just what you and your students need to make learning fun this spring! These Rainbow Upper and Lowercase Matching Activity cards are perfect for young children that need to practice letter recognition, all in a fun way!
*Pair this with our Spring Centers & Activities for Pre-K/Kindergarten!
How to use this Upper and Lowercase Matching Activity
You can use these Rainbow Upper and Lowercase Cards in a literacy center, in a sensory bin with lots of rainbow colored letters or in a small box (like pictured below) for independent and quiet work time.
- Upper and Lowercase Rainbow Cards (download below- Laminate the cards so they are reusable).
- Any Letter manipulatives, all the colors of the rainbow.
- A little plastic box, or tray/bin (optional).
Time to Play!
We use our craft foam lower case letters in the small box at the moment to match the lower case letters to the printed upper case ones.
You can decide which cards you’d like your students to work with (depending on their age and ability), or mix them up.
Mixing up the cards together with a mixture of upper and lower case letter manipulatives are great fun in a sensory bin setup.
Fine Motor Tip: Add tweezers to the bin for picking up the letters and you have a fine motor activity too!
RELATED RESOURCE: Alphabet Centers & Activities
More ways to use these cards:
- Laminate the cards and simply let the students fill in the missing upper/lower case letter with a dry-erase marker.
- Add the cards to a bin with small rainbow colored pom poms. See how the students will make their letters with the pom poms.
- Use in the play dough center and provide play dough to form the missing letters, plus make rainbows too! Add letter stamps and make cloud of play dough, then stamp the missing letter in the cloud.
Are you ready to start matching letters with this Rainbow Upper and Lowercase Letter Matching Activity? Then, click on the large, yellow button below!
Then, hop on over to see our Letter “R” Craft- “R” is for Rainbow!