This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. View our full disclosure policy here.
Bright and cheery rainbow colors are just what you and your students need to make learning fun this spring! These free Rainbow Upper and Lowercase Matching Activity cards are perfect for young children that need to practice letter recognition, all in a fun way!
*Pair this with our Spring Centers and Activities for Pre-K & Kindergarten!
How to use this Upper and Lowercase Matching Activity
You can use these Rainbow Upper and Lowercase Cards in a literacy center, in a sensory bin with lots of rainbow colored letters, or in a small box (like pictured below) for independent and quiet work time.
- Upper and Lowercase Rainbow Cards (download below – Laminate the cards so they are reusable).
- Any Letter manipulatives, all the colors of the rainbow.
- A little plastic box, or tray/bin (optional).
Time to Play!
We use our craft foam lowercase letters in the small box at the moment to match the lowercase letters to the printed uppercase ones.
You can decide which cards you’d like your students to work with (depending on their age and ability), or mix them up.
Mixing up the cards together with a mixture of upper and lowercase letter manipulatives is great fun in a sensory bin setup.
Fine Motor Tip: Add tweezers to the bin for picking up the letters and you have a fine motor activity too!
RELATED RESOURCE: Alphabet Centers & Activities
More ways to use these cards:
- Laminate the cards and simply let the students fill in the missing upper/lower case letter with a dry-erase marker.
- Add the cards to a bin with small rainbow colored pom poms. See how the students will make their letters with the pom poms.
- Use in the play dough center and provide play dough to form the missing letters, plus make rainbows too! Add letter stamps and make a cloud of play dough, then stamp the missing letter in the cloud.
Grab Your FREE Copy
Are you ready to start matching letters? Get this free Rainbow Upper and Lowercase Letter Matching Activity by clicking the large, yellow download button below!
Want unlimited access to even MORE of our activities and resources? Join us in the Print and Play Club!
Your planning will be so much easier with instant access to:
- hundreds of printables
- every TKC resource
- video lessons
- a digital games vault
- Pre-K and TK Scope & Sequence
- a PLAYlist of fun songs AND activities
- professional development
- additional teacher resources…
Be sure to request an invitation so that you don’t miss your chance to be part of the best early childhood club around!