What’s better than one great pocket chart activity? A pocket chart bundle with activities for the entire year! This Pocket Chart Activities & Centers Bundle for Pre-K and Kindergarten is jam-packed with 10 sets of monthly pocket chart activities!
Pocket Chart Activities & Centers
One pocket chart activity for each month of the school year would be a great resource, but we all know a month is a long time in a classroom!
So, I don’t just give you one activity for each month. Each month comes with at least three different chants and matching activities. That’s practically a new pocket chart for each week of the school year!
Plus, there are recording sheets that go with each activity. So you can easily take your learning from circle time to centers without extra work!
Did I mention many of the activities are customizable? You input the sight words (or CVC, CVCe, student names, etc) that you would like your class to practice, and the activity cards are automatically filled in!
So you can easily include some challenge words for those that are ready or some review words for those that need more practice.
Each month, you’ll get themed chants, customizable word activities, letter and number recognition activities, letter sound activities, and recording sheets, as well as black and white copies of all materials. Plus, as a bundle bonus, you get two extra alphabet pocket chart activities that you can use in your room any time of the year!
Check out the monthly themes included in this pocket chart activities pack:
- Back to School: crayon boxes, school buses, apples
- October: candy corn, pumpkins, fall leaves
- November: squirrels, turkeys, pumpkin pies
- December: Christmas trees, lights, snowmen
- January: snowflakes, mittens, New Year
- February: hearts, cupcakes, teddy bears
- March: 4 leaf clovers, rainbows, pots of gold
- April: bunnies, rain drops, Easter eggs
- May: ladybugs, whales, flowers
- June: sun, ice cream, beach
How would I use these in the classroom?
I love being able to use one set of materials in multiple ways. That’s why pocket chart activities are great, because you can do so much with one resource.
- Use the pocket chart chant during circle time.
- Have student helpers complete/demonstrate an activity in whole group (missing letter, what comes next, matching sound/letter, before/after, letter/number order, etc).
- Use the chants and activities in small groups.
- Turn the pocket chart activities into a center.
- Play matching games (Go Fish, Memory, grab bag, sensory bins) with the activity cards.
- Use the recording sheets to keep an eye on student progress.
- Include the chant in your monthly newsletter to continue practice at home.
These are a few of the ways I like to use pocket charts with my students, but I’m sure you have a ton of ideas of how to make this bundle a great addition to your classroom!
Grab Your Copy of the Pocket Chart Activities Bundle
Ready to have your students highly engaged for the entire year? Then grab this Pocket Chart Activities and Centers Bundle today by clicking the large, yellow button at the end of the post!
Want unlimited access to even MORE of our activities and resources?
Then be sure you request your invite so that you can be the first to hear when the doors open again for our Print and Play Club!
With instant access to hundreds of printables by topic and skill (no more scouring the internet!), every TKC resource, a digital games vault, “Super” Sunday Surprises, and much more – your planning time just got easier.