This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. View our full disclosure policy here.
I can still picture it — my daughter struggling to fit her name into the tiny space available for signing her Valentine’s cards. Over and over, she kept hitting the edge of the paper in the middle of her name. Then, my preschooler invented a solution. With a correct, tight pencil grasp and a look of determination on her face, she shortened her name to her family nickname that she never used at school. These free Penguin Printable Valentines with options won’t give kids that same problem!
*Pair with our Valentine’s Day Centers and Activities for Pre-K & Kindergarten!
Printable Valentines and Non-Candy Gift
These sweet penguin Valentine cards won’t give your children the same problem as my daughter had.
I’ve put a wide, lined space for signing, and even made an alternate version without the word “Love” for kids who need the entire line.
To go with the penguin in a winter hat and the sentiment, “You warm my heart,” we made felt heart necklaces. They’re super easy to make.
- Pony beads
- Narrow ribbon (we used 1/8-inch) cut into 24-inch lengths
- Scissors sharp enough to cut fabric
1. Cut out hearts from the felt. Our hearts measure 1.75 inches at the widest point.
2. Fold the top third of the heart down towards the pointy end. With sharp scissors, snip two small slits into the fold. (see photo)
3. Thread a ribbon through the first slit, then thread it through 3 pony beads, and out through the second slit. Tie the ends together to form a necklace.
You can put these necklaces into an envelope along with the Valentine’s card, or just fold each card in half around the necklace and seal the 3 open sides with stickers.
My daughter is old enough to write her name pretty small these days (she’s in 2nd grade now), but she loved getting to model our sweet necklace.
I added a “big kid version” of the card so she can send them to each of her friends this Valentine’s Day.
This year, I think she’ll be able to fit her entire name on the card.
Grab Your FREE Copy
Ready to get your own free copy of the Penguin Printable Valentines? Just click the large, yellow download button at the end of the post!
Want unlimited access to even MORE of our activities and resources? Join us in the Print and Play Club!
Your planning will be so much easier with instant access to:
- hundreds of printables
- every TKC resource
- video lessons
- a digital games vault
- Pre-K and TK Scope & Sequence
- a PLAYlist of fun songs AND activities
- professional development
- additional teacher resources…
Be sure to request an invitation so that you don’t miss your chance to be part of the best early childhood club around!