This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. View our full disclosure policy here.
These no-sew DIY bean bags are easy for kids to make, and offer so many possibilities for active playtime fun! Here is a simple step-by-step tutorial for making bean bags along with a list of activity ideas to explore. Wouldn’t these no-sew bean bags be a great addition for a school field day event, or an end of school year carnival?
No-Sew DIY Bean Bags Kids Can Make
To get started, first gather your materials.
- balloons (2 per bean bag)
- rice or small dried beans (such as lentils)
- spoon or scoop
To start, fill up the balloon with rice. (Parents will probably need to help younger kids with this!)
Attach the balloon to the end of a funnel, and invite the students to add a few scoops of rice into the balloon. It should be filled to be about the size of a lemon.
Then, tie off the balloon.
Carefully remove the balloon from the funnel. Younger kids may need help tying the end of the balloon.
Cut a second balloon in half, as shown. Use it to cover the tied off end of the first balloon. Now you are ready to play!
Some Ideas to Explore:
- Use sidewalk chalk to draw a bull’s eye target. Students can practice their addition by keeping score!
- Set up some paper cups into a pyramid (carnival style) for students to take turns to see how many they can knock down.
- Practice juggling!
- Group students into pairs. Have a throwing contest outside. How many times they can pass the bean bag back and forth without letting it touch the ground?
More DIY Activities
Want unlimited access to even MORE of our activities and resources? Join us in the Print and Play Club!
Your planning will be so much easier with instant access to:
- hundreds of printables
- every TKC resource
- video lessons
- a digital games vault
- Pre-K and TK Scope & Sequence
- a PLAYlist of fun songs AND activities
- professional development
- additional teacher resources…
Be sure to request an invitation so that you don’t miss your chance to be part of the best early childhood club around!