Do you and your students love “The Mitten” by Jan Brett? It’s one of my favorites every winter! Get ready for tons of mitten-themed fun with this Mitten Story Activities BUNDLE. It makes the perfect story companion pack!
Mitten Story Activities Bundle
If you know me, you know how much I love pocket charts, so of course I had to include those for my class!
There is a class chant to practice names together as well as a sequencing pocket chart activity for building sentences – all with a mitten theme.
There are also literacy centers to add into your plans, and opportunities to extend the learning with a writing activity about “what would be in their mitten!” if they were the author. (It is so fun to see what they say for this!)
The math centers include activities that strengthen both counting and addition skills. Count up the number in each ten frame on the animal cards and write the answer on the matching “Count It!” recording sheet.
Work on sequencing OR simply focus on cut and paste skills with the quick-print story activity sheets.
Plus so much more, including two digital games to play on Google Slides or Seesaw!
What Else is Included?
This mitten story activity bundle is jam-packed with engaging learning activities – check out the full list of what’s inside:
- Mitten mini-book
- Mitten cut and pastes for sequencing
- Mitten Bingo
- Mitten names class chant
- Mitten “find it” writing center
- Mitten “label it” writing center
- Mitten count it/add it
- Mitten roll and graph
- Mitten pocket chart sentence builders and reading sheets
- “Inside my Mitten” writing prompt
- Digital Game – Mitten Graphing (Google Slides and Seesaw)
- Digital Game – Rhyming Mittens (Google Slides and Seesaw)
Grab Your BUNDLE Today!
Ready to add this mitten story activity bundle to your read aloud lesson plans this winter? Click the big, yellow button at the bottom of this post and happy teaching!
Want unlimited access to even MORE of our activities and resources?
Then be sure you request your invite so that you can be the first to hear when the doors open again for our Print and Play Club!
With instant access to hundreds of printables by topic and skill (no more scouring the internet!), every TKC resource, a digital games vault, “Super” Sunday Surprises, and much more – your planning time just got easier.
Request your invitation below for more info!
- 3 Tips for Pre-K and Kindergarten Dismissal Routines - August 16, 2021
- Tips for an Independent Pre-K & Kindergarten Art Center - August 13, 2021
- 3 Teacher Tips for Morning Arrival Routines - August 11, 2021