Box Centers are a great option for independent centers. Whether you are teaching virtually, in-person with social distancing, or in-person and just need some seat work options, box centers have been a helpful tool for tons of teachers. You and your students will love these Low-Prep Independent September Center Activities for Pre-K & Kindergarten! The students will be getting engaging and timely math and literacy content that can be done in the classroom or at home with minimal time and supplies from you!
*You can grab these fun centers right now over in our Teachers Pay Teachers store!
Apple Box Center Activities for Pre-K & Kindergarten
This set of Alphabet Activities has apple manipulative cards with a picture of something that starts with each letter of the alphabet. It also comes with uppercase and lowercase letter worm cards.
There are so many ways to play with these cute, fun alphabet cards:
- Match the picture apple cards to the beginning sound worm cards.
- Match the uppercase and lowercase letter cards.
- Use the Apple Picking recording sheet and pick a letter or picture card and color the matching apple on the tree. You can play this game by matching uppercase/uppercase, uppercase/lowercase, beginning sound/uppercase or beginning sound/lowercase.
- Choose the Apples Aplenty recording sheet, and write the letter of the beginning sound of the picture under each apple. You can use the scaffolded apple cards for kiddos that need extra support.
- Use the Picking Beginning Sounds recording sheet, and pick a letter or picture card. Trace the matching apple on the tree. You can also play this game by matching uppercase/uppercase, uppercase/lowercase, beginning sound/uppercase or beginning sound/lowercase.
Paint Box Center Activities
Reviewing colors and color words is a ton of fun with the Paint Match Activities for Pre-K & Kindergarten. Manipulatives for this set consist of easel color cards and color word cards (with options for grey and gray).
Here are some ways to play and learn with these fun activities for Pre-K & Kindergarten:
- Match color and color word cards.
- Choose a color or color word card and find an item on the What Color Is It? recording sheet that matches the chosen color. Then color that item the appropriate color.
- Pick a color or color word card and find the matching color word on the Read the Color recording sheet. Color the paint blob the color stated.
- Match colors to their color words, color words to color words, or colors to colors on the Paint Match work mats.
School Bus Box Center Activities
These cute school bus manipulative cards focus on rhyming! Each school bus has a picture on it. Students can use the cards to practice their rhyming skills with the recording sheets or just with the manipulatives by themselves.
Kiddos can match the rhyming bus cards. They can also choose a bus card and color the rhyming picture on the Rhymes on the Bus recording sheet. Alternatively, students can choose a bus card, find the picture on the recording sheet, and then draw a line to the picture that matches.
Coconut Tree Box Center Activities
Students will go coco-nuts for these fun number centers! Focusing on numbers 0-20, these coconut themed activities for Pre-K & Kindergarten will have your students counting and using 10 and 20 frames like a pro.
There are many ways to use these super fun counting activities:
- Use the 10 or 20 frame mat to build the 10 or 20 frame for each number card selected.
- Pick a coconut number card or counting card and trace the matching number on the Coconut Count 0-10 or 10-20.
- Match the coconut counting cards with the coconut tree number cards.
Grab Your Copy of September Box Center Activities for Pre-K & Kindergarten
Ready to grab these Low-Prep Independent September Box Center Activities for Pre-K & Kindergarten? Click the big, yellow button at the bottom of this post!
If you love these September Box Centers, you will definitely want to grab our Low-Prep Independent Box Center Growing BUNDLE! This incredible bundle includes the September set as well as all future box center packs that I create!
Want unlimited access to even MORE of our activities and resources?
Then be sure you request your invite so that you can be the first to hear when the doors open again for our Print and Play Club!
With instant access to hundreds of printables by topic and skill (no more scouring the internet!), every TKC resource, a digital games vault, “Super” Sunday Surprises, and much more – your planning time just got easier.