This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. View our full disclosure policy here.
Working on numbers through 100 has never been more fun! This FREE Hundreds Chart Activity for Number Recognition is the perfect way to practice numbers and skip counting in your Pre-K and Kindergarten classrooms. Your students will love the super fun Kittens’ Mittens theme and chant!
Kittens’ Mittens Hundreds Chart Activity
Kittens’ Mittens is a hands-on, low-prep pocket chart/hundreds chart activity. This resource includes a fun chant, numbers 1-100, and three cute kittens.
Hide the kittens behind the mittens of your choice and have kids guess where they are by reading the numbers. You can arrange all of the mittens in a “hundreds chart format,” and the colors will match when counting by tens (all numbers ending in 2 are the same color, etc)! You could also print in black and white if you prefer.
Kittens’ Mittens also includes an additional game! Students pick a mitten and write the numbers on the recording sheet. You choose what you want them to practice!
All the Ways to Play!
My students love this Kittens’ Mittens hundreds chart activity and I do too! There are so many different ways I use it in my classroom (I’m sure you’ll find ways I didn’t even think of!) because it is super versatile.
This chant and number/hundreds chart game is great for circle time,
small groups, or as a partner game during centers! Your students will love chanting the pocket chart chant and practicing number skills.
Choose what number skills you want to focus on and play!
- Only use numbers 1-20
- Have students figure out which numbers are missing from the number line
- Mix up the numbers and have students put them in order
- Count by 2s, 5s, or 10s
- Work on even/odd numbers
I know you will come up with some great new ways to use this hundreds chart activity with your Pre-K and Kindergarten students as well!
Want unlimited access to even MORE fun activities and resources?
This activity was created for members of our exclusive Print and Play Club. If you like this activity, you will LOVE all of the benefits of being a Print and Play Club member. What benefits do Print and Play Club members receive?
- Access to all past, present, AND future resources (including everything in The Kindergarten Connection TpT shop!)
- Lesson Lab videos (press play and let us teach for you!)
- The PLAYlist – 3 new songs each month (often with corresponding activities) to sing with your students and make learning more interactive
- A Digital Vault of games (including Google Slides and Seesaw)
- Pre-K Scope & Sequence AND Transitional Kindergarten Scope & Sequence that provide week-by-week guidance and resources to support you with lesson planning all year
- Resource Request (make a request for a resource YOU would like to see in the club)
- Professional Development (training right at your fingertips!)
- Exclusive emails with bonus material (including a monthly planning guide!)
- First dibs and discounts on courses
- A private Facebook group with Live Teacher Chats where we share tips, tricks, trainings, and answer all of your questions
- Plus, new exclusive offerings being added all the time!
Be sure to request an invitation so that you don’t miss your chance to be part of the best early childhood club around!
Grab Your FREE Copy of the Hundreds Chart Activity
Can’t wait to grab your FREE copy of this super fun Kittens’ Mittens Hundreds Chart Activity? Then click the large, yellow download button below!
- Sing and Seek Pocket Chart Games Bundle for Pre-K & Kindergarten - February 12, 2024
- 5 Ways to Reset and Improve Classroom Management in Pre-K & Kindergarten - February 9, 2024
- 3 Teacher Tips for Morning Arrival Routines - February 2, 2024