This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. View our full disclosure policy here.
Trick or treat season is here, and I have some tricks AND treats for you! This fun and free Halloween sensory bin is a perfect way to “trick” your students into working on long and short vowel words while having a blast!
*Pair this with our Halloween Centers for tons of fun this month!
Halloween Sensory Bin and Printables
Sensory Bin Setup
My favorite black beans are back! I love the way these spunky Halloween colors pop in the shiny black beans.
If you don’t already have some, then you have to grab a few bags. These black beans have lasted nearly a year with my almost 3 year old, and were just around $2. That’s definitely a treat in my book!
Are you ready for a trick? If your little ones still need big cards to pick from their bins, then the original size of these pages is perfect.
But, if they’re ready to work their little muscles even more, try printing 2 per page! Not only does this save on paper and ink, it makes the cards an even smaller target to practice with.
In addition, they fit perfectly inside an inexpensive pencil box! Simply fill the pencil box with black beans, hide the cards, and you’re ready to go!
Get Ready to Play!
This is so fun as a sensory bin, but also work perfectly as a stand-alone center!
- First, hide the candy cards in their sensory bin, or spread them out on the table/floor.
- Then, choose from one of the 3 recording sheets for your students to practice with. Students can record vowel sounds, words, or “long/short” vowels.
- Finally, students pick cards from the sensory bin or spread out cards and identify the pictures they see.
RELATED RESOURCE: October Printables Pack
Long and short vowels were a skill we constantly practiced in my classroom.
Mixing up practice throughout the year with sensory bins is such a fun way to combine fine motor practice and help your kiddos get excited about what could be monotonous practice!
Grab Your FREE Copy
Ready to play with this Halloween Sensory Bin? Get your free copy of the printables by clicking the large, yellow download button at the end of the post!
Want unlimited access to even MORE of our activities and resources? Join us in the Print and Play Club!
Your planning will be so much easier with instant access to:
- hundreds of printables
- every TKC resource
- video lessons
- a digital games vault
- Pre-K and TK Scope & Sequence
- a PLAYlist of fun songs AND activities
- professional development
- additional teacher resources…
Be sure to request an invitation so that you don’t miss your chance to be part of the best early childhood club around!
- Easter Sensory Bin Literacy Activity - March 20, 2023
- Beginning Sounds Back to School Sensory Bin Activity - August 1, 2022
- Seashell Beginning Sounds Sensory Bin and Printables - July 15, 2022