If you are looking for an adorable, simple, and kid-friendly Halloween craft to make this October, then you will love this fun mummy craft! Pair it with our ready to print and play Halloween centers for a month full of learning fun in the classroom!
Gather Your Supplies
You don’t need a ton of supplies to make this not-so-scary mummy, and most of them may already be inside your teacher cupboards.
- Large gingerbread man cookie cutter
- Cardboard boxes (you can get several mummies from one depending on the size)
- Black craft paint (You may want this Crayola washable tempera paint)
- Gentle paper bandage tape (it could probably work with masking tape even though that is not what is used here)
- Googly eyes
- Paint brush
- Elmer’s glue
Make Your Mummy Craft!
Ready to make your mummy?
We love to read the story, “Where’s My Mummy?” to kick off this fun mummy theme, and then we are set to go!
First, trace your mummy onto a piece of thin cardboard (like a cereal box) and cut it out with scissors.
Then you will want to paint both sides of your cardboard black and let it dry.
Next, glue some googly eyes onto your mummy!
They give them quite the personality, don’t they?
Now you can start taping your mummy, overlapping each piece of tape and folding the edges over to the backside of the mummy.
Continue this taping pattern until your mummy begins to truly look like a, well – mummy!
When complete, it should look pretty well covered in tape, with bits of black showing through, and of course the eyes.
Remember, when you have a class of students make it – they will all look wildly different from one another, and that is what makes them so fun!
Enjoy putting them on a bulletin board display, hanging them around the room, or taking them home!
More Halloween Crafts for Kids
Looking for more fun crafts to make this Halloween with your students? Try some of these!
Latest posts by Alex (see all)
- Reindeer Crafts and Activities for Kids - December 2, 2017
- Kid-Made Christmas Gifts You Can Make in the Classroom - November 24, 2017
- Monster Math Addition Clip Cards - November 16, 2017