This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. View our full disclosure policy here.
Have you been following along with our 12 Months of Play Dough Kits series? The third classroom play dough kit in our series is an Easter Play Dough Kit, or a Spring Play Dough Kit.
I love using my Ikea sectioned container for our classroom play dough kits. It’s large enough to hold a couple batches of play dough and several fun manipulatives to help expand our learning and play.
It also makes it really easy for the kids to help clean up because it’s a simple snap lid and the sections are large enough for them to sort the manipulatives easily when putting them away.
Materials in our Easter Play Dough Kit
- 1 batch light blue play dough
- 1 batch pink play dough
- 1 batch light yellow play dough
- Purple play dough made from mixing the pink and blue
- 8 Easter Eggs (2 in each matching color to the play dough)
- 2 packages Easter erasers plus counting cards
- Cotton balls
- Few bunny and lamb mini figures
I loved bringing the animals into our play, and the different textures of all of the materials, but use whatever you have on hand. I try to pick objects that can be used in a variety of different ways as much as possible.
How We Played with Our Easter Play Dough Kit
There were so many different ways to play with the four fun colors of play dough, let alone when we added the manipulatives into the mix! We’re still exploring this Easter Play Dough Kit, but for now this is what I’ve observed the children exploring:
- Smooshing the play dough into the plastic eggs to make their own play dough eggs!
- Pressing the cotton into the play dough and experiencing the differences of the two soft textures
- Making patterns with their play dough and shaping the play dough into ovals (decorating play dough Easter Eggs)
- Making footprints in the play dough with the animals
- Making play dough representations of the animals (the cotton makes great animal fur)
- Counting with the erasers
- Making patterns with the erasers
What would you add or substitute in this classroom play dough kit?
More Easter Fun!
Want unlimited access to even MORE of our activities and resources? Join us in the Print and Play Club!
Your planning will be so much easier with instant access to:
- hundreds of printables
- every TKC resource
- video lessons
- a digital games vault
- Pre-K and TK Scope & Sequence
- a PLAYlist of fun songs AND activities
- professional development
- additional teacher resources…
Be sure to request an invitation so that you don’t miss your chance to be part of the best early childhood club around!