This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. View our full disclosure policy here.
These Cupid’s Cookies are all the fun of baking, without the calories or sugar high! Plus, it is lots of good, clean fun! This Valentine’s Day Sensory Craft would be a great addition to a water table or a fun sink activity. Add some letters to trace, and it would also make a hands-on creative writing center. So many possibilities!
*Pair with our Valentine’s Day Centers and Activities for Pre-K & Kindergarten!
Cupid’s Cookies Valentine’s Day Sensory Craft
Students can use these “cookies” for a variety of Valentine themed learning opportunities and I love how quick and easy this activity is to set up!
To start, grab your supplies:
- Craft foam – sheets of pink, brown, tan, and/or red cut into hearts
- Cookie sheet or paper plates
- Shaving cream
- Coarse salt (optional)
- Plastic bags
- Rubber bands
RELATED RESOURCE: February Math and Literacy Clothespin Clip Cards for Kindergarten
How to Prep and Play
To begin, place the foam hearts on a cookie sheet or paper plate.
Fill plastic bags about halfway with shaving cream. Work the shaving cream into the bottom corner of the bag. Hold in place with a rubber band.
Use scissors to cut the tip of the corner off, creating a piping bag for the shaving cream “icing.”
Invite students to decorate the foam cookies however they would like. Add salt “sprinkles” if desired.
Teacher Tip: These foam “cookies” can be rinsed with water, and decorated over and over again making them perfect for sink play or to add to a water table!
Once play time is over, dip the foam cookies in water, and adhere to a window for instant festive Valentine decor!
More Ideas to Explore:
- Write numbers on the foam hearts with a permanent marker. Invite students to trace the numbers with shaving cream “icing.”
- Write uppercase and lowercase letters on the foam hearts with a permanent marker. Invite students to trace and match uppercase and lowercase letters.
- Set up a pretend shop. Students can practice simple addition when calculating how much money to charge for each “cookie.”
Want unlimited access to even MORE of our activities and resources? Join us in the Print and Play Club!
Your planning will be so much easier with instant access to:
- hundreds of printables
- every TKC resource
- video lessons
- a digital games vault
- Pre-K and TK Scope & Sequence
- a PLAYlist of fun songs AND activities
- professional development
- additional teacher resources…
Be sure to request an invitation so that you don’t miss your chance to be part of the best early childhood club around!