Christmas music is playing all around, Thanksgiving break is coming to a close, and you know what that means – winter break is almost here! Typically, we head back to school for just a few weeks in December before we have a break for Christmas and New Year’s. So now is the time I usually get out my fun and festive holiday learning activities (and hope the kids aren’t too distracted, wild, and crazy as Christmas gets ever closer!) These Christmas Math and Literacy Centers for pre-k and kindergarten students are an awesome way to work on letters, sounds, sight words, number order, addition, subtraction, and more in those weeks leading up to Christmas!
(Need something “non-Santa” for the holidays in your school? We’ve got you covered with our fun and festive Gingerbread Activities and Centers Here.)
24 Festive Christmas Math and Literacy Centers
December is a CRAZY month (anyone else relate??) So it’s a great feeling to start it with all of my math and literacy centers totally planned and ready to go.
It saves tons of prep time, and when several centers are a good fit for both pre-k and kindergarten, it means I can differentiate for my kids too.
Christmas Math Centers
There are tons of fun Christmas math centers and activities inside this pack, including:
- Christmas Pattern Clip Cards
- Where is Santa’s Sleigh? Counting Game
- Before and After
- Reindeer Addition
- Count the Reindeer Ten Frames
- Lights Out! Subtraction
- Which Has More?
- Which Has Less?
- Tally Mark Puzzles
- The Stockings Were Hung (counting by 1’s, 5’s, or 10’s)
Christmas Literacy Centers
The Christmas literacy centers are a great time too! Find fun activities such as:
- Rudolph Rhymes Clip Cards
- “Look! It’s Christmas” Emergent Reader (2 levels)
- Letters to Santa Alphabet Activity
- Stocking Sounds Beginning Sounds Game
- Elf-y Ending Sounds
- Sight Word Ornaments (Editable) – 2 Games
- Sight Word Spelling Trees
- CVC Ornaments – 2 Games
- Santa’s Workshop Write It (Write the Room)
Plus, at the end of the file, all of the color items also come in black and white!
This helps you save ink – just print on colored paper for a fun twist if you like.
Grab the Christmas Math and Literacy Centers
Latest posts by Alex (see all)
- Your First Day of Kindergarten (A Letter to my Students) - July 5, 2019
- Your Last Day in Kindergarten (A Letter to my Students) - April 25, 2019
- Earth Day Fun! - March 2, 2019