This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. View our full disclosure policy here.
Back to School season will be here before you know it and in my classroom that begins with learning how to spell our names. It is an important skill that we practice often! One of my favorite ways to work on names is with this Free Back to School Name Game for Pre-K and Kindergarten. It’s completely editable for customization so your students will be spelling their names in no time with this fun, hands-on activity!
*Pair with our Name Games and Activities Year Long BUNDLE!
Back to School Name Game
Learning to spell your name is a big deal. This is one of the first major accomplishments of a Pre-K/Kindergarten student. We usually start working on this skill in the first week of class, because students have often seen their name spelled out before, and thus have some prior knowledge on what the letters in their name look like.
This is the perfect activity to welcome your students back to school! I love using this activity in my classroom because my students get so excited. Whenever they see their name printed on materials, it makes them feel a little extra special.
This activity comes with:
- crayon boxes with each student’s name on them
- colorful letter crayon pieces (including uppercase and lowercase letters)
- a recording sheet for students
- both color and black and white copies of all materials
To begin, students build their names with crayon pieces. Then they can color the letters of their name on the recording sheet.
It’s Completely Editable!
This Back to School Name Game is editable, so you can change it each year to display the name of each of your students with ease. Simply type the names of each student into the file, and it automatically inputs the names on all pieces of the activity!
It couldn’t be easier to change out the names on this activity, which makes it the perfect resource to use year after year in your classroom!
Want unlimited access to even MORE fun activities and resources?
This activity was created for members of our exclusive Print and Play Club. If you like this activity, you will LOVE all of the benefits of being a Print and Play Club member. What benefits do Print and Play Club members receive?
- Access to all past, present, AND future resources (including everything in The Kindergarten Connection TpT shop!)
- Lesson Lab videos (press play and let us teach for you!)
- The PLAYlist – 3 new songs each month (often with corresponding activities) to sing with your students and make learning more interactive
- A Digital Vault of games (including Google Slides and Seesaw)
- Pre-K Scope & Sequence AND Transitional Kindergarten Scope & Sequence that provide week-by-week guidance and resources to support you with lesson planning all year
- Resource Request (make a request for a resource YOU would like to see in the club)
- Professional Development (training right at your fingertips!)
- Exclusive emails with bonus material (including a monthly planning guide!)
- First dibs and discounts on courses
- A private Facebook group with Live Teacher Chats where we share tips, tricks, trainings, and answer all of your questions
- Plus, new exclusive offerings being added all the time!
Be sure to request an invitation so that you don’t miss your chance to be part of the best early childhood club around!
Grab Your FREE Copy of the Back to School Name Game
Ready to start practicing names with your students? Get your FREE copy of this super fun Back to School Name Game for Pre-K and Kindergarten today by clicking the large, yellow download button below!
- How to Organize Classroom Centers in Pre-K & Kindergarten - December 6, 2023
- 5 Classroom Routines to Review After Winter Break - December 1, 2023
- Simple Strategy for Improving Classroom Management - November 28, 2023