This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. View our full disclosure policy here.
I am always on the hunt for ways to make writing engaging for my kids. This year, my kids really love writing and copying words around the room, especially words with a theme they are interested in. Words can be tough to spell, but when animals jump to help, things become way easier and more engaging! These animals missing letters activity sheets are a great way to practice simple spelling while making writing fun!
There are quite a few ways you can go about using these, as they also have printable letter tiles if you want to use them as a puzzle. This is a great option for kids who are still needing a bit of assistance with their letters and sounds, as they can use the process of elimination to help them figure out the words.
Print all the pages you need, and laminate them (This way they will last a lot longer and you can use dry erase markers on the laminated sheets).
Now that you have all the pieces ready, let’s learn!
Ways to Use the Activity Sheets
- print the 4 pages with animal pictures and let the kids write the missing letters. This way they will be practicing spelling and writing.
- print the 4 pages and also set up the printable tiles with letters. Have the kids place the letters where they belong (if you laminate all the pieces you can use Velcro to stick the pieces to their places). If kids are not sure about some of the letters, they can find the right ones by elimination.
- print the 4 pages, the missing letters, and extra letters, so kids have to hunt and find the right letters to use in words.
I’m pretty sure the kids will find even more ways to use them. I always love seeing what they come up with on their own!
Grab Your Free Copy
Ready to have some colorful learning fun? Download your copy of the Animals Missing Letter Sheets by clicking the large, yellow download button below!
Want unlimited access to even MORE of our activities and resources? Join us in the Print and Play Club!
Your planning will be so much easier with instant access to:
- hundreds of printables
- every TKC resource
- video lessons
- a digital games vault
- Pre-K and TK Scope & Sequence
- a PLAYlist of fun songs AND activities
- professional development
- additional teacher resources…
Be sure to request an invitation so that you don’t miss your chance to be part of the best early childhood club around!