Practicing fluency is fun and easy with these Alphabet Phonics Poems for Pre-K and Kindergarten. Your students will love the predictable text, and the fun pictures make this a great resource to practice fluency and review the alphabet at the same time!
Alphabet Phonics Poems
Did you know that highly repetitive texts are great fluency builders? Once the students pick up the pattern, they can focus on fluency instead of needing to sound out new words. Because these Alphabet Phonics Poems have such a repetitive structure, students pick up the pattern quickly. They can begin to feel success right away!
Reading opens a whole new world to a student. And once they realize that letters make sounds, and putting sounds together makes words, they begin to see the world around them differently. It’s a very exciting time!
With a page for each letter of the alphabet, your kiddos will not only be working on fluency, they will be reviewing letter sounds as well.
Ways to Use these Phonics Poems
These poems are very versatile and can be used in many ways in your classroom or at home.
- Keep them in a binder or folder to create a fluency book.
- Send these home for students to practice with their family.
- Have students take turns reading these poems in pairs or small groups.
- Highlight all of the words in the poem that start with the letter of focus.
- Have kiddos brainstorm all of the words they can think of that start with the given letter. If they want a challenge, they could write them on the back of their poem.
- Let partners go on a letter scavenger hunt around the room for things that start with the given letter. They could even draw pictures of the items on the back of their poem.
- Use these to collect data by having a reading conference with each of your students to monitor their fluency progress.
Digital Ease Versions Included
It’s easy to assign these poems to your Pre-K and Kindergarten students digitally! A “Digital Ease” version of this resource is included. So now you can send them through Seesaw™ or Google Classroom™ in a snap.
Grab Your Copy of the Alphabet Phonics Poems
You can grab your copy of the Alphabet Phonics Poems by clicking the large, yellow button at the very bottom of this post!
Or, save big and grab the whole bundle to enjoy phonics poems that cover 23 CVC word families and 21 CVCe word families as well.
Want unlimited access to even MORE of our activities and resources?
Then be sure you request your invite so that you can be the first to hear when the doors open again for our Print and Play Club!
With instant access to hundreds of printables by topic and skill, plus access to a digital games vault, tested teacher tips, support, and EVERY product and printable I’ve ever made – your planning time just got easier!
Request your invitation below for more info!
- Simple and Effective Classroom Transition Ideas: Part 2 - July 12, 2021
- Simple and Effective Classroom Transition Ideas: Part 1 - July 12, 2021
- How to Make Classroom Clean Up Fast and Fun - July 5, 2021