Teaching Kindergarten is an adventure. We know the truth about teaching kindergarten – it isn’t easy! Teaching any grade is an adventure! What always makes me laugh is that no matter how we try to blend in with the humans among us, there are certain things that are just a dead giveaway that we are teachers!
Here are 7 (I think funny) signs that you are a Kindergarten teacher. I think these are fitting for many other grades as well!
7 Signs You Are a Kindergarten Teacher
1. You buy 150 plastic folders (or composition books, or binders, or…. fill in the blank) while they are on super sale because your kids will “need” them. Even better….finding the notebooks with the primary lines! #Heaven
2. You will not let anything go to waste that could be used in the classroom. Throwing away a scrabble game? Any game with letters? No you’re not – we are using those tiles for spelling!
3. You keep Post-It in business. Sticky note flags, mini notepads, large notepads… even better, the giant Post-It charts!
4. You have marker stains on your hands because you tell the kids not to use their hands to dry erase the whiteboard yet you use your hands. #Guilty
5. You take giant bags home from school to work on. They often sit at your home and then travel back to school with you, sometimes untouched.
6. You can decode writing that is practically hieroglyphics. No that isn’t the number 2, it says “My mom and I went to a museum and had dinner.” Can’t you tell? This may be a Kindergarten teacher super power.
7. You can turn anything into a song. Whether you can sing or not. Time to come to the carpet? There’s a song for that. Have to line up? Wash your hands? Clean up? Yeah, there are songs for those too. You sometimes even sing them at home while doing the dishes because they won’t leave your mind.
So there you have it – 7 funny ways you can tell that someone just may teach Kindergarten (or preschool.. or primary grades!). What grade do you teach? Would you add anything? We know teaching kindergarten can be super fun, yet sometimes super stressful! Check out these 7 ways to manage teacher stress! They may just help you out this year!