It will soon be time for apple season. Time for juicy apples, cider, and yummy food like homemade apple pie.
Apple season brings lots of opportunities for learning, adventure, and fun crafts like this paper plate apple craft. Whether you prefer red or green apples, this is sure to be a fun activity for your child or student.
Paper Plate Apple Craft
Kids love tearing paper, and as an added bonus it helps them develop their fine motor skills which leads to good pencil grasp and handwriting.
This apple craft requires very few supplies that you likely have in your home or classroom.
- Paper plates (We used the smaller dessert sized plates, but regular size would work great too.)
- Red, green, & brown construction paper
- Glue stick
The directions for this apple craft are very easy to follow, making it an ideal craft for young kids to do independently.
1. To begin, have kids tear red (or green) paper into smaller pieces.
2. Glue the pieces of torn paper onto the paper plate.
3. Cut a stem from the brown paper and leaf from the green paper and glue to the back of the paper plate.
These small paper plate apples would look cute on a bulletin board with a big tree in the middle and your students’ apples surrounding it!
Extend the Activity:
More Apple Fun
Looking for more apple activities to try with your kids this fall? Here are some of our favorites!
Latest posts by Kim (see all)
- Do a Dot Flower Craft for Kids - April 2, 2017
- Seed Starter Pots That You Can Do in the Classroom - March 4, 2017
- Rainbow Craft for Kids - February 8, 2017