These Cupid’s Cookies are all the fun of baking, without the calories or sugar high! Students can use these for a variety of learning activities. I love how quick and easy this activity is to set up! Plus, it is lots of good, clean fun! This would be a great addition for a water table, or a fun sink activity. Add some letters to trace, and it would also be a creative writing center project. It has lots of possibilities!
Valentine’s Day Treat: Cupid’s Cookies
To start, grab your ingredients.
- Craft Foam – sheets of pink, brown, tan, and/or red cut into hearts
- Cookie Sheet or Paper Plates
- Shaving Cream
- Course Salt (optional)
- Plastic Bags
- Rubber Bands
Place the foam shapes on a cookie sheet or paper plate. Fill plastic bags about half way with shaving cream. Work the shaving cream into a bottom corner of the bag. Hold in place with a rubber band. Use scissors to cut the tip of the corner off, creating a piping bag for the shaving cream “icing.”
Invite students to decorate the foam cookies however they would like. Add salt “sprinkles” if desired.
Tip — These foam cookies can be rinsed with water, and decorated over and over again! Perfect for sink play or to add to a water table.
Once play time is over, dip the foam cookies in water, and adhere to a window for instant festive Valentine decor!
More Ideas to Explore:
- Write letters or numbers with permanent marker. Invite students to trace the letters or numbers with shaving cream “icing.”
- Write upper and lower case letters with permanent marker. Invite students to trace, and match upper and lower case letters.
- Set up a pretend shop. Students can practice simple addition when calculating how much money to charge.
More Valentine’s Day Activities